Democrats : Anyone opposing Obama is a Racist
By Michael P. Tremoglie
Liberal Democratic Party politicians and their willing accomplices in the media are saying if you oppose President Obama or Democrats you are a racist. Nancy Pelosi, various and sundry Democratic Party “strategists” on television and newspaper pundits have all said the same.
Who are the racists - the liberals and Democrats or the conservatives and Republicans? Well, let’s examine the record:
· It was the liberal Democrats who hired members of an organization acknowledged as a racist, anti-Semitic, hate group to be poll watchers in Philadelphia – not white, conservative Republicans.
· It was the liberal Democratic Party who refused to prosecute a member of this same organization who referred to white people as “crackers” and asked them how they will like “being ruled by a black man” – not white, conservative Republicans.
· It was liberal Democratic President Barack Obama who referred to his own mother as a “typical white person” – not white, conservative Republicans.
· It was the liberal Democrats who defended President Obama’s adviser Van Jones, who once said that “white” environmentalists are poisoning black people – not white, conservative Republicans.
· It was the liberal Democrats who defended President Obama’s pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright who used ethnic slurs and defamed Italians, Jews and other ethnic groups – not white, conservative Republicans.
· It is a liberal Democrat, Sen. Robert Byrd, a revered and senior member of the Democratic Party, who was an official of the Klu Klux Klan – not white, conservative Republicans.
· It was a liberal Democrat, a Clinton campaign operative, who started the rumor that Barack Obama is not an American citizen – not white, conservative Republicans. (Democrats also questioned McCain’s legitimacy as a US citizen since he was born in the Panama Canal Zone – perhaps a glimpse of Democrats true feelings towards our neighbors south of the border.)
· It was the liberal Democrats who questioned Barack Obama’s authenticity as a black man – not white, conservative Republicans. (A liberal newspaper columnist called Mr. Obama a “Magic Negro.”)
· It was the liberal Democratic talk radio network which displaced minority radio programs – not white conservative Republicans.
Indeed, the civil rights record of Republicans is commendable.
For example, it was during the Eisenhower presidency that the 1957 Civil Rights Act was passed. Eisenhower’s Attorney General Herbert Brownell is the person who crafted the legislation in March 1956. Democrats criticized Eisenhower for pandering to the black vote. Democrats
removed most of the effective items from the final bill.
It was Eisenhower who desegregated public facilities in DC during his first term-Truman did not do it. And it was Eisenhower who enforced school the Supreme Court school desegregation order in 1957.
It was not just Eisenhower.
Fifty years earlier it was a Republican, Teddy Roosevelt, who invited the African-American leader Booker T. Washington to the White House. An invitation that probably cost Roosevelt reelection. This is contrast to the segregationist Democrat President Woodrow Wilson.
Democrats are crying racism because they have been unable to make a substantive argument proving that their ideas to reform the system of health insurance are valid.
There is an old Chinese proverb: “It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness.”
Democrats would rather curse the darkness. They don’t know how to light candles.
They are bereft ideas. All they have to offer is hate.
Unfortunately, this tactic has worked in the past. Americans should make an extraordinary effort to ensure Democratic Party hatemongering does not work again.